Thursday, October 29, 2009

My daughter, The Ferrari

This is a 2008 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti.
If you wanted to buy one, you’d pay more than $300,000.
And you wouldn’t even get to test drive it first.
The makers of this car believe it is something really special.
Owners agree.
Something beautiful and precious to be prized and cherished,
taken care of and protected.
It is irreplaceable.

YOU are a Ferrari.
You are worth far more than $300,000.
You are beautiful and precious.
You should be prized and cherished, taken care of and protected.
You are irreplaceable.
Set your standards high and your goals higher.
You are a Ferrari.

I wrote this for my duaghter when she started noticing boys and they started noticing right back. I didn't want to blast her all the time and hover... I wanted her to value herself. I remember telling her once that she deserves to be "chased" and should NEVER be the one doing the chasing. My son (who was 8 at the time) snorted. I whirled around on him and said "Listen Buster...any girl who doesn't expect you to chase her...ISN'T WORTH CATCHING."

No comments: